Carousel

Sunday 6 November 2011

Russell is into Hinduism: Katy Perry

Los Angeles: Katy Perry says she is gravitating towards meditation because of husband Russell Brand, who is into Hinduism.

Perry and Brand married on October 23, 2010 in a traditional Hindu ceremony near the Ranthambhore tiger sanctuary in Rajasthan, India, where Brand had propose

Brand, who married Perry in India last year, even sought the blessing of a Hindu guru before the wedding.

Perry, who had a strict Christian upbringing, says she is very accepting and that`s one of the things that keeps their marriage going.

"I come from a very non-accepting family, but I`m very accepting. Russell is into Hinduism, and I`m not really involved in it. He meditates in the morning and the evening and I`m starting to do it more because it really centers me," Perry said in an interview with Vogue magazine.

"But I just let him be him, and he lets me be me," added the 26-year-old. Perry, however, still regrets not having a normal childhood because of her strict parents.

"I did not have a childhood. I was always scared I was going to get bombed when I was there. I have always been the kid who`s asked `Why?` In my faith, you`re just supposed to have faith," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment